Sunday, February 24, 2008

i'm so freakin huge

So, I've been at 3 cm for nearly a month, and I've been having contractions since Thursday. And all I can say is, she just ain't comin. I'm completely convinced that she has just decided that the outside world seems like it's going to be too much, and so she's happy staying put. Of course, it doesn't bother her at all that mama is starting to resemble a child's bouncy ball. Now, I ask you, am I just holding one of those balls while chillin' in shopping cart?
I will, however, say that some hope has returned to my life since the ear piercing, cheesy, dated, Mary Poppins-esque songs from "Enchanted" did not win an Oscar tonight, but rather the award went to the amazingly touching and simply gorgeous sounds of Once. I will also jump up and down a bit for Diablo Cody and Mr. Day-Lewis.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Dear Ash - You're supposed to be freakin huge. And look how photogenic you are - this is an award winning photo! It should be the next "most emailed photo" that appears on my Yahoo home page. And I'm so glad someone else thought like I did during the Oscars. By the way - happy Due Date! Love you lots, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Sooooowhere is she????? Grandma B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Have you noticed about 5,231 hits on your blog recently?? I've been checking constantly! As if you'd be on your way to the hospital but stop to post more pics and updates. Hang in there!! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - she's got to be on her way. You haven't been on IM all day! I can't take the uncertainty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Fowlkes!

    Now - where are the pictures?? It's been 3 days - Anna's public awaits!

    ReplyDelete