Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Zoo & Daddy Day Care

Once we returned from Pensacola over the Memorial Day weekend on Wednesday (and recovered from the stomach virus that hit all of us the last day at the beach), Ash had to get back to work (that crazy Swine Flu!) and I still had Anna for Daddy Day Care on Thursday (her daycare was still closed for the week). I decided to take her to the zoo for the first time. She loved it, as did I and it was a nice day out!

As we made our way to the Gorillas and Apes, there is a statue of a Gorilla at one of the viewing areas. I placed Anna next to the statue to get a picture. At this point, Anna has not noticed the mean-looking Ape next to her. She's just waving and playing normally.

Soon enough, she glanced to her right and saw what I had place her next to... I wish I could've capture the look she gave it and then me... here is the aftermath in this shot - she wanted outta there - you can see her worried look!

Next was the Pandas! Anna loves Pandas. Her favorite stuffed animal is a panda - her 'Bay' - which we think is 'Bear' without the 'r'. As I got online before we left to check the website, I had Anna on my lap and the homepage has a picture of a panda... she said 'Bay... bay... BAY!' So cute. Then we got there and she saw the actual 'Bay' and there was no end to her shouting 'BAY... BAY... BAY!'

After the Pandas, we rode the Endangered Species carousel and then played on the playground. Anna liked to steer the 'boat.'

After a nice several hours at the zoo, we headed back home to the park in our neighborhood for some swinging (which she still loves!)

Loves it so much in fact, that now she can do it with 'no hands!' What a little daredevil.
We both took nice naps afterwards, but it was a great day with my punkin!

2 comments:

  1. This is a terrific posting! Looks like you two had a big old time............who's enjoying Anna's vacation the most?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:25 AM

    wow, what a fun day!Love GrannyB

    ReplyDelete