Monday, December 03, 2007

Belated Thanksgiving pix

We had a great Turkey Day this year, having finally made it down for the annual St. Pete Austin gathering. We took our time getting down there, somewhat beating the traffic by leaving Tuesday night. Of course I slept during the worst part of trying to get out of Atlanta, so Park may have more 'choice' words on how much he enjoyed passing the extra hour+ with our 4 million neighbors.

We arrived at my dad's place on Davis Island in Tampa, and spent a beautiful 80 degree day on a golf course. I got to drive the cart and managed to only run it into a bush once :)

Thursday morning we trekked off for St. Pete and spent a wonderful day with the Austin tribe, grazing and waiting not so patiently for dinner! For a comic relief, Park and I decided to do a bit of canoeing....the comic relief comes at the part where I try to get into the kayak. Note that this is PRE-THANKSGIVING DINNER, and Park and I have nothing to change into should things go awry.

What could possibly go wrong?

Whew! Made it! I'm not totally convinced that others weren't a little disappointed that they didn't get a chance to roll on the ground with laughter had I gone in...


Cold busted.
Gratuitous belly shot for Cartier :)

Notice that we are all cracking up in this picture....I have a series of all the versions that came before this one! Thanks to Ray, though, we really got a great shot of everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 AM

    What a fun holiday with a wonderful family!!!

    Ashley, I think it's particularly clever that you didn't even take your shoes off while stepping into and out of the canoe...........

    Yum, yum on the turkey!!!!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:44 AM

    Pam and Tom were great hosts. Coffee in bed rocked. The best? Seeing Mom laugh as she told stories of Austinland.
    Love to you three,
    Lynne and Ray

    ReplyDelete