Sunday, November 05, 2006

lazy sunday

wake up in the late afternoon -

So, Park is watching football, and I'm watching my crappy fantasy team lose yet another week. What better time to catch up on some much overdue blogging.

I went to Malawi last month, and was very slack about my blog. After many complaints and objections regarding my slack, I'm finally back. I leave again in about a week, so I'll try to be better this time. I'll do some posting this week to tell stories from the last trip and to motivate myself to stay wired this next time.

All of the pix are on my work computer, so I think I'll first start with the interesting observation that the DAY I arrived was the same day that Madonna arrived to adopt a child. After a bit of confusion as to which Madonna was adopting the child, the father and most of Malawi were thrilled for the boy. Read article "Madonna Puts Malawi on the Map" That of course didn't stop the US media from making a complete mockery of the process. In the end Madge and boy were happily united without me ever getting to see her.

more to come, but future blogs will actually cover things that actually involve me......

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:41 AM

    Ashley---reading this now with Clayton and Allen==a cool life you lead. The boys got a new baby sister last night (of the canine variety). 2 mos old (born 9/11 of all days) golden retriever...beyond cute and I was up every three hours---felt reminiscent to about 13.5 yrs ago!! Today we pick a name. All our love and safe travels....

    Leigh (Clay and Allen)

    ReplyDelete