Saturday, February 27, 2010

mishpocheh

noun
(Yiddish) the entire family network of relatives by blood or marriage (and sometimes close friends); Or mishpokhe or mishpucha. It means “family,” as in “Relax, you’re mishpocheh. I’ll sell it to you at wholesale.”

Harry and Sherry are mishpocheh and happily came for a visit last week! We took them to my favorite Indian restuarant in town: Madras Saravana Bhavan (say that 5 time fast). Although Anna was in rare form for most of the dinner (sigh), we had a great time. They are two of the cooler cats in the world.

As I mentioned, Anna was in rare form, so eventually it was too much and I took her outside. We played in the magazine stand area outside the restaurant. Rather hilariously, she sat in one of the holders...............then she got stuck:


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Did you look up the spelling? I always thought it was mishbucha!!

    Anyway, it was fun. Will you please email me the original photo?

    We so enjoyed seeing you and yours and look forward to the next trip.

    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually found a lot of spellings, though none were terribly close to my original guess ;)

    ReplyDelete