Sunday, May 21, 2006

leo the serval

christine wanted some animal pix, so here's the first few. my first weekend in blantyre, I stayed with Desiree and her husband Laurence. Desiree is the lead on the rotavirus project that I will happily tell you about in your preferred amount of detail. meet leo. he's a serval tiger cub, but the men who sold him said he was a leopard. by the way, people will come to your door here and try to sell kittens and puppies. normally you have to say no way, or they'll come everyday with some new animal. L & D thought this one was particularly interesting and not likely to be taken in by anyone else! they also have 5 owls, 2 german shepards, 3 cats and ~25 guinea fowl (pix below). oh, and not to mention twin sons who are two years old......they'll have their own post - cutest little guys you ever saw.

cheers,
ash






2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 PM

    holy lord! can you sneak that kitten back across the pond for me? riiiiiight. that'd be grrreaaat.
    seriously ash, you're so sweet. it looks like you're having fun. talk to ya later.
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Don't worry- I won't tell "the boys" you are cheating on them with other kitties! Miles and Ollie were out on the prowl yesterday and Flounder was showing his cute self off in the front window. I'm sure they miss you. I love all the pics, but the grasshoppers would have completely freaked me out. Talk to you soon!
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete